Star Clipper was founded in 1988 in St. Louis, Missouri, as a science fiction bookstore. It would go on to change location three times and change ownership twice, but in that time, Star Clipper would win regional acclaim for its unique perspective to comics retailing. In 1999, the store was the recipient of the prestigious Eisner Spirit of Retailing Award. Star Clipper’s emphasis is on high-quality publications, graphic novels, import and domestic comics, zines, manga, select collectibles, and outstanding customer service. The art gallery is committed to promoting the work of emerging and exceptional artists and writers, designers, and other creative types.
Owners Ben and A.J. Trujillo were proud to celebrate Star Clipper’s 20th year in business this October.
6392 Delmar Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63130
Star Clipper’s top selling graphic novels for the week of November 15–22:
1. Black Jack, Volume 2 by Osamu Tezuka (Vertical)
2. The Cream of Tank Girl by Jamie Hewlett and Alan C. Martin (Titan Books)
3. Serenity, Volume 2: Better Days (trade paperback) by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad (Dark Horse)
4. Legion of Super Heroes: The More Things Change (trade paperback) by Paul Levitz and Steve Lightle (DC Comics)
5. The Joker by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo (DC Comics)
6. Fables, Volume 11: War and Pieces (trade paperback) by Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham (Vertigo)
7. Y, The Last Man, Volume 2: Cycles (trade paperback) by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, and José Marzán, Jr.
8. Black Jack, Volume 1 by Osamu Tezuka (Vertical)
9. Sulk, Volume 2: Deadly Awesome (trade paperback) by Jeffrey Brown (Top Shelf)
10. The Sandman, Volume 1: Preludes and Nocturnes (trade paperback) by Neil Gaiman, Sam Keith, Mike Dringenberg, and Malcolm Jones III